Views
Helpful
Replies

Stealthwatch SMC failover

Alejandro Moran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team

I cant find more detailed information about the SMC failover on stealthwatch. From the configuration guide I was able set the cluster and I understand that the secondary can be promoted to primary, but I dont find any information regarding how to promote it to primary. Does it has to be offline the primary? Do I have to promote it back once the primary is available?

any advice is appreciated!

thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kyoshiik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, there is no document in the configuration guide. It's in an online help of Desktop Client(Java Client).

Please go to Java Client and right-click SMC icon then you can see "SMC failover" option and click.

スクリーンショット 2020-03-08 1.19.40.png

You will see below option window and you can configure which SMC is primary and another is secondary.

スクリーンショット 2020-03-08 1.19.51.png

Also, online help also helpful for detail configuration and operation. Let's click the 2nd picture's "Help" button and click "How to swap roles between Primary and Secondary SMCs", you will find a detail procedure.

When you recover failed primary host, you can swap it with the same manners if you want.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kyoshiik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry, there is no document in the configuration guide. It's in an online help of Desktop Client(Java Client).

Please go to Java Client and right-click SMC icon then you can see "SMC failover" option and click.

スクリーンショット 2020-03-08 1.19.40.png

You will see below option window and you can configure which SMC is primary and another is secondary.

スクリーンショット 2020-03-08 1.19.51.png

Also, online help also helpful for detail configuration and operation. Let's click the 2nd picture's "Help" button and click "How to swap roles between Primary and Secondary SMCs", you will find a detail procedure.

When you recover failed primary host, you can swap it with the same manners if you want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: