cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UDP Director and RADIUS

Flavio Costa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can we use UDP Director (AKA FlowReplicator) to receive and broadcast RADIUS packets to several destinations? Couldn't find a list of supported protocols in any document provided by Lancope or Cisco.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

davebush
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can see where you'd want to send 1813/udp and maybe 1646/udp to track RADIUS accounting messages, and yes - that would work through a UDP Director. You'd just need to set up the appropriate forwarding rules.

I'm not so sure that you'd want to set up 1812/udp and 1645/udp to forward RADIUS authentication to multiple servers. I could see where that potentially could cause issues as multiple devices respond to authentication requests.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

davebush
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can see where you'd want to send 1813/udp and maybe 1646/udp to track RADIUS accounting messages, and yes - that would work through a UDP Director. You'd just need to set up the appropriate forwarding rules.

I'm not so sure that you'd want to set up 1812/udp and 1645/udp to forward RADIUS authentication to multiple servers. I could see where that potentially could cause issues as multiple devices respond to authentication requests.

Thanks for the reply David! I will clarify the needs with the customer and follow up on that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: