This document describes how to recover lost command line administrator credentials on the Access Control System 5.x (ACS 5.x). The procedure illustrated in this document is based on Cisco ACS 5.3.
Readers of this document should be aware of these conditions.
Complete these steps to reset the CLI administrator account.
1. Insert the ACS 5.x Recovery DVD into the DVD drive of ACS.
2. Reboot the ACS 5.x.
The console displays:
Welcome to Cisco Secure ACS 5.1 Recovery - CSACS 1121
To boot from hard disk press <Enter>
Available boot options:
 Cisco Secure ACS 5.1 Installation (Keyboard/Monitor)
 Cisco Secure ACS 5.1 Installation (Serial Console)
 Reset Administrator Password (Keyboard/Monitor)
 Reset Administrator Password (Serial Console)
<Enter> Boot from hard disk
Please enter boot option and press <Enter>.
3. To reset the administrator password, at the system prompt, enter 3 if you are using a keyboard and video monitor, or enter 4 if you are using a serial console port.
4. The console displays the name of all the administrators configured on the ACS 5.x
Enter number of admin for password recovery:
5. Enter the number against the adminstrator username of which you want to reset the password. For the user "david", enter 1 at the prompt.
6. Enter the new password for the administrator account and verify it. Enter Y to save the new password.
Save change&reeboot? [Y/N]:
7. Now, remove the ACS 5.x Recovery DVD and reboot the ACS.
You can refer to the Installation and Upgrade Guide for the Cisco Secure Access Control System 5.3 for more information on this subject.
I already dit the following step, but why i cannot login with recovered password ??
Ran into the same issue today. Did you ever get in or did you end up rebuilding?
What is the ACS versions you are using ?
126.96.36.199I've tried using the ACS 188.8.131.52 ISO and the Recovery.iso that TAC provided.I have the same result on all three SNS-3415s (two production, one lab).
The menus all work, it displays the appropriate administrator accounts, it prompts for a new password and verification and prompts to save.I then select (q) to reboot and find myself with the same password I had before attempting the recovery.I was hoping that afdhalalhabsy had found a solution.I'll start my own thread and solicit advice from the group.
We have bug(CSCuy45998) for it .Please install patch4 and try for it .
Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.
Hi good article,
But, the recovery password makes the config of tacacs get lost too?
Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: