cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
TCC_2
Level 10
Level 10

Introduction:

This document describes an issue faced by an user.

What is drive mapping?

Mapping of a drive can be defined as a process in which a local drive is connected with a shared directory or folder on another computer. After mapping is achieved, user  is able to access the shared data and it seems as it’s located on your own computer.Multiple computer users can map their drives to this shared data and take advantage of the shared resouces.

Core issue

This issue is due to the presence of Cisco bug ID CSCse81209.

With the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN Client (SVC), drive mapping is very slow until the 4.6.x VPN Client is installed. Users may also be unable to use the mail client (eg Outlook) in such cases. With only the Cisco VPN Client installed, drive mapping speed improves dramatically compared to the SVC. Without the Cisco VPN Client, the drive mapping returns to its original speed. The VPN Client does not need to connect, it only needs to be installed.

Note: This is not a bug in SVC. It is a behaviour of the operating system (OS).

Scenario 2

I have a problem with my Cisco ASA 5510 Clientless SSL Webvpn.
After Oracle updates its Java Version, our JAVA Webportal ist not completly working.Our clientless SSL Web Portal is running on a Cisco ASA 5510 with Version 9.1.3. On this portal we provide the JAVA RDP Plugin and the JAVA Citrix Plugin. All Java Plugins are working with Java 7 Update 25. But with the newest Version Java 7 Update 45 it is not working.
It is comming the following Error.
-----------------------------------
"SecurityException"
com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningException: Unsignierter Eintrag gefunden in Ressource:
https://XXXXXXX/ica/JICA-configN.jar
------------------------------------

I need a solution, because we are using this solution for round about 200 User.

Resolution

In order to resolve this issue, complete these steps:

1. Start the Registry Editor.

2. Locate and then click this registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters

Note: If the Parameters key does not exist, create it now.

3. In the Edit menu, point to New, and then choose DWORD Value.

4. Type MaxPacketSize, and then press ENTER.

5. Double-click MaxPacketSize, type 1 in the Value data box, choose Decimal, and then click OK.

6. Quit the Registry Editor.

7. Restart your computer.

Scenario 2
You have to install java JDK for having all tools.
Example : For the RDP plugin:
Unzip the rdp.12.21.2013.jar (last plugin from Cisco) file to c:\rdp

Create your own manifest file. Copy the existant MANIFEST.MF and add "Permissions: all-permissions". Save the file to c:\mymanifest.mf

In  terminal mode, go into to c:\rdp and type

#C:\rdp>jar.exe cmf c:\mymanifest.mf c:\rdp\rdp.jar *
It will update the Manifest file with your file and create a new Jar.

You need to sign the jar before upload it to the Cisco ASA. (use jarsigner.exe)
here is an example : http://wiki.plexinfo.net/?title=How_to_sign_JAR_files (self sign)
I had sign mine with my SSL certificate:
#jarsigner.exe -storetype pkcs12 -keystore c:\xxx\ASA\Plugin\keystore.p12 c:\rdp\rdp.jar rdpalias

Upload it to the ASA. The manifest error (Java7 u51) will disappear.
9.1.4 was released on the 9th December which claims to fix this bug.ASA WebVPN Java Plugins fail after upgrade to Java 7 Update 45 CSCuj88114

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: