cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-OS debug to syslog

homelabnoob
Level 1
Level 1

My Google-fu seems to be weak because I cannot find a way to send debug output on console or term mon to syslog. Any chance someone could point me in the right direction? I’d really appreciate it!

Sorry - I picked the wrong place for this.

22 Replies 22

Any luck on this?

No success until now and didn't get too much time to try different things.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Do you think I should give up on this? It doesn't seem like NX-OS has an equivalent command for IOS' "logging trap 7".

Let me try another thing Saturday and come back to you.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I've tried without success. I'm not receiving debug messages. This is the first time i have this request and thought it was possible. There's no remark on documentation saying you can't.
Do you have a contact support? If so open a tac case. Sorry not being able to help.

Thanks
Francesco

Thanks for trying! I thought I was doing something wrong. Unfortunately, there's no service contract.

I'm having the same issue.  I have a n9k configured like this:

ntp logging
logging server 10.20.25.135 7
logging source-interface Vlan2852
logging monitor 7

All the normal logs, like interface flaps and configure messages all get logged just fine to the syslog server, but if I run a debug on the N9k it doesen't ship those debugs to the syslog server.   No idea why

ThijsVanSeveren
Level 1
Level 1

Any updates on this ?

I'm in the same situation