cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Central does not push global settings to the UCS Platform emulator.

ivobeerens
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using UCS Central in combination with the UCS Platform emulator. I'm able to register the UCSM in UCS Central. The registration status is okay. Settings such as DNS and timezone are pushed to the UCSPE. When creating for example a globaal UUIID pool or BIOS policy this is not pushed to UCSPE. Anybody seen this problem before?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

see eg.

https://communities.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/35264-5-73372/UCS%20Central%20Best%20Practices%20v2.3.1.pdf

When Global Objects are created, they are not presented nor pushed in to UCSM automatically. Global IDs and Global Policies may be visible from the UCSM GUI drop-down menus when creating/modifying local objects. But Global Objects, once created, will not appear automatically in the UCSM GUI’s left-hand navigation pane. Global Objects become visible in the UCSM GUI once Global Service Profiles are deployed to a server, and hence referenced by a SP running on the UCSM. At deployment-time, a read-only copy of the Global Object and its dependent objects gets “pulled down” by the local UCSM, and are then visible in the GUI.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

conmurph
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the global polices/pools/profiles are only ever added to a UCSM domain once you have associated it with a server in that domain. Unfortunately I don't have one setup to test but this has been my experience in the past.

see eg.

https://communities.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/35264-5-73372/UCS%20Central%20Best%20Practices%20v2.3.1.pdf

When Global Objects are created, they are not presented nor pushed in to UCSM automatically. Global IDs and Global Policies may be visible from the UCSM GUI drop-down menus when creating/modifying local objects. But Global Objects, once created, will not appear automatically in the UCSM GUI’s left-hand navigation pane. Global Objects become visible in the UCSM GUI once Global Service Profiles are deployed to a server, and hence referenced by a SP running on the UCSM. At deployment-time, a read-only copy of the Global Object and its dependent objects gets “pulled down” by the local UCSM, and are then visible in the GUI.