2) Tired of doing manual FPD? The answer is FPD Auto.
Try it, now the FPD will get upgraded during the activate phase, before the reload, and upon the reload to install the new version of software the new FPDs will take effect. Wonderful!
ASR9K-PE1-R0(admin-config)# fpd auto
Make sure the fpd pie for the currently running release is active before running the install activate, and that the fpd pie for the target release is included in the pies that are being activated.
3) Removal of superseded SMUs, in simple hitless operation? The removal of superseded SMUs is a hitless operation from IOS XR 4.3.2. Also determining which SMUs are superseded can’t not been easier, just issue command “show install superseded”.
If your happy to remove the superseded SMUs, perform, “install commit”(optional) to hold your current active software and “install remove inactive”.
“show install superceded”
“admin install deactivate superceded”
4) File Server in a VRF? This is how an install add is performed when the file server is reachable inside a VRF, in this example the VRF name is “management”.
6) You want to deploy a Release that has the longest support life, the most field deployed & the least reload SMUs?
Why don't you try one of the Extended Maintenance Releases. Designated by EMR in the CCO download page. EMR releases have a 36 Months support period.
7) Did you know that one can create their own TAR file for installs? Just create a tar with multiple pies and smus and install with a single install operation. That’s the easiest way to upgrade, or deploy multiple SMUs/SPs.
The below you'll be able to install multiple packages together and install/activate them with one install command, isn't that easy?
My experience has been that it is normal for C21 power cables to have some difficulty fully seating in the PEM's, even after backing out the set screws more than they already are from the factory. Eventually we get them fully seated and secured, but...
I have a small MPLS network serving 15 clients,, I am delivering services via L3 VPNs and wanted to implement end to end QOS services using DSCP Pipe mode. however I am running into a barrier finding templates that can assist.I wanted to have some f...
HiWe are using ASR1K as PPPoE BRAS. With our pppoe service we have different accounting information about the volume of traffic which subscriber uses. this information is retrieved via different accounting updates which are sent for the particular P...
Hi! We have some troubles with igmp snooping when we are trying to change linecards from trident to typhoon. We have more then 1000 igmp groups on our router. Software version 5.3.4 SP7.After changing linecards seems that IGMP messages starts to drop...
HiAs I understood the main difference between ASR9K and ASR99k is SCB Module. This simply means Fabric of ASR99K is provided by a dedicated module. Regarding BNG feature, Is the model of SCB has any impact on Number of PPPoE Sessions on Amount of tra...