cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 fw 1.0.5.4 - Site to Site IPsec VPN disconnects after days, won't reconnect unless router rebooted

thelandgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Initially we had a site to site VPN working between sites for years (one site DSL, the other Cable), and suddenly it will not stay connected for more than a few days.  The log shows an error saying phase 1 timed out because the remote site failed to respond.  If I click connect on the IPsec Connection Status page it never reconnects.  However if I restart one of the routers or delete the VPN configuration on both routers and recreate it, then it will connect.

I have tried updating firmware on both devices, I have tried adjusting MTU, I have tried disabling various attack prevention options, tried various different encryptions and nothing works.  Eventually it tries to renegotiate the connection and fails because it says it doesn't receive a response even though both sites and devices are pingable and working.

Anybody have tips for how to fix this or what might be causing this?

1 Reply 1

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what are you connecting to on the other end? Also, what's the status of your carrier (any changes??)