cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 router will not connect to ISP

patrickthickey
Level 1
Level 1

I am contemplating replacing my Juniper Netscreen 5GT with this new RV180.

serial number 161303LB

RVC180 V01

However, it will not connect to my ISP (DSLExtreme) using the same settings I have been using for multiple years. DSLExtreme is using AT&T DSLAMS, as you likely know, and I am unaware of anything unique about how they serve DHCP?

The Cisco wizard sits on the WAN configuration check forever, and never connects. I have rebooted it and allowed it to sit for fifteen minutes trying. I think that is enough.

The 5GT WAN interface is configured for "DCHP Client" and that is how the RV180 is configured.

It is a standard 6MB DSL line, I have tried both the existing cable, as well as the provided one to connect to the D-Link 2320B modem/bridge, which, as I indicated, syncs almost instantly with the Netscreen. No difference when the cables are swapped.

Any insight would be appreciated. I really did not anticipate any issues as mine is as plain vanilla an isntallation as there is.

regards,

patrick

3 Replies 3

patrickthickey
Level 1
Level 1

I solved my own problem.

The unit is being returend for refund. I will continue to use my Juniper Netscreen since it works.

I waited online this morning from roughly 9:00 AM Pacific Time, in a chat session, for 45 minutes (business hours) without being replied to.

I don't know how others feel about this, but I find it atrocious. This is how things work at cisco small biz?

Fail.

Good luck to you all.

regards,

patrick

Hi Patrick,

Sorry to hear about waiting for so long on Chat.  Did you know that you can call the support center to speak with an engineer directly?  Here is the toll free number for the United States, 1 866 606 1866 or you can find the number in your country here:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport
twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I just saw your post where you had tried to reach us through the Chat session. I am very sorry for your wait. I would like to have one of our engineers call you so that you do not have to hang on the line.

If you would send your Cisco User ID, and Model Number and best call back number and best time to call. I will create a case for you and get one of our engineers assigned to call you back.

Again I am very sorry for your wait and would like very much to get one of our enigneers in touch with you.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

PS If you mouse over my picture, it will show my email address.