Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 527w ADSL disconnections

federico.sassi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

at our office we've recently upgrade from a old consumer-grade linksys wag200g modem/router/ap to the Cisco SRP527w.

The Cisco is suffering from very frequent ADSL disconnections.

These disconnections happens when there is some traffic to the internet and they seem to don't affect the lan routing: on the weekends there are no disconnections at all while during the working hours there may be disconnections every FEW MINUTES making this router unusable.

Often these disconnections force us to do a full reboot of the router.

Firmare version is  SRP520W-1.1.19, the latest.

ADSL line is a 6Mbps/640kbps.

Noise margin is about 11dB for downstream and 20dB for upstream.

No voice line is used and therefore they are both disabled.

2 wireless network are active.

The old linksys was (and is) working correctly, no adsl disconnections at all. Never.

Is there a solutions to this problem? Is it known?

Regards,

Federico Sassi

40 Replies 40

Please open a case - request escalation and an engineer will arrange to share that with you.

Greetings Mr.  Przeklasa,

please contact us at our support center, have a ticket open and indicate to agent to move it to Escalation Queue - once your ticket is open  we can help you obtain the DSL Code you are looking for

find the support phone number in this link:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Looking to help you

Thank you

Victor.-

Matthew Needs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I think you may be running into DSL chipset compatibility problems... We have experienced issues with IOS based Cisco routers (877/1801) and with some other vendors in the UK. I’m pretty sure the 527W uses the same ST Micro/Alcatel DSL Chipset? This particular DSL chipset seems to have problems with some provider DSLAMs. Cisco are retiring the IOS based ALU/ST Micro equivalent products in favour of Broadcom chip based products. I don’t think this is a confirmed issue yet but it’s a bit suspicious since the Cisco 887 was only recently released and has now been EOL'd in favour of the "Broadcom" based 887VA. There are various DSL patches flying around which may help you? I just thought id mention this in passing...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2079193

Hope it helps shed some light?.

Kind Regards

Matt

Some additional info FYI.. It seems it is a confirmed issue?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3225417#3225417

Matt

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your input - you are correct that the 877 uses the ST Micro chipset.

The SRP500 series products use a Broadcom DSL chipset.

Andy

Ah! OK thanks for the confirmation Andy.. As I said I wasnt 100% about the 527W's chipset but DSL is something which has caused us some trouble in the past..

Hope you get it sorted.

Matt

Hi All,

I have a SRP 547W having the same issues with the ADSL disconnecting after few days.   Does anyone know if the patch

provided to fix the issues is included on the firmware version 1.02.01 relaesed in August 2011?  If not, do I need to raise a

ticket to with the support center to obtain the DSL code to fix this issues?

Thanks,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

The DSL patch mentioned earlier in this thread is actually already integrated in the code you are using.

Please raise a case with the support center.  The team there will help you to collect some additional information for us.

Out of interest, what ADSL encapsulation are you using?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.  Just to clarify, the DSL patch mentioned on this thread is included in the firmware 1.02.01, correct?  If so, I have not yet applied the firmware 1.02.01 on my SRP 547W device but I will do so today.

I think the encapsulation is current set to VC-MUX.

Thanks,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

The 1.2.1 firmware includes the patch mentioned above.  There is nothing to patch.  No need to apply for anything.

Which encapsulation protocol are you using?  PPPoA, EoA, IPoA?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks again!  OK, cool I will install the 1.2.1 firmware on my SRP547W and hopefully that will fix the issues with the ADSL disconnecting after few days.  The encapsulation protocol is PPPoA.

Thanks,

Claudio.

Hi Andy,

I have upgraded the firmware on my SRP 547W device to version 1.2.1.  The upgrade was succesfull however, when I click the Voice tab I get this message:  Voice module not ready.  I have restarted the device a couple of times but made not difference.  Although I am currently not using the Voice feature, I will be looking into using it soon.  Is there any issues with the Voice module and the firmware 1.2.1 on the SRP 547W devices?

Thanks,

Claudio.  

There shouldn't be an issue - I have this running ok on one of my SRP547s.

Please try reinstalling the firmware - if that doesn't work, please raise a support case with the SBSC.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.  Do I need a support contract to raise a support case with SBSC?  I just resintalled the firmware but it's the same issues.

Regards,

Claudio.

Please check warranty cover for your region.

Andy