Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA LAN Automation between Edge and Intermediate

Ughur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.
I have main_office1 and main_office 2. My DNA border switches located on main_office1.

Edge switches of main_office1 connect to border node 1 and bordernode 2 . and works fine.

I connect new device (main_office_2_intermediate_node) that same model of border nodes that located on main_office1.
I run lan automation with selecting border_node as seed device. works fine.
I dont give any roll to main_office_2_intermediate_node.
I connect new edge switch of main_office_2 to main_o

Ughur_0-1717166116768.png

ffice_2_intermediate_node

then i start lan outamation seed device as main_office_2_intermediate_node.
But lan automation not discover edge switch of main_office2.

14 Replies 14

just to clarify:
1) u automated 2 intermediate nodes from MO#2. they are provisioned & assigned to fabric site. at this moment u didnt attach ENs from MO#2
2) u start new automation this time with discovered intermediate nodes as seeds whilst ENs are attached to them. & nothin happens?

Ughur
Level 1
Level 1

yes,

I can automated intermediate node ( seed device is Border node)

i will try automated edge (that connect physically to intermediate) (seed device is intermidiate node) but nothing happen

can u see something in PnP section?

Ughur
Level 1
Level 1

nothing seen

Ughur_0-1717169439330.png

Ughur_1-1717169562529.png

what can u see on the seed's downlinks toward MO#2 ENs? r they really connected as expected & r factory reset?
did u check DHCP server & its pool have been configured on the intermediate nodes for pnpvlan (1?).

edge device (that connected to intermediate node) was resetted. (with pnpa service reset command ).
lan_outomation pool was selected during start lan outamoation. If it have problem on pool, i must couldnot automated other devices(taht directly connect to border node), dont it ?

And Interface of intermediate _node ( connected to edge_node that i want to automated)  is access port and vlan 1.

"(with pnpa service reset command )". means u have n access to their consoles.
it's incredible benefit as u can observe what happens during ENs automation.
do u really need any hints on next action plan?

Ughur
Level 1
Level 1

i don't understand you. I factory reset switch and check, result is same. I used pnpa service reset command over console and check, result is same. I wanna automated edge switches over intermediate node ( intermediate node as seed device). But lan outamation start but not discover anything.

i got your point. try to study SDA lab minutes easily googlable.

Boort
Level 1
Level 1

During lan automation, ssh to the intermediate node and check if the DHCP pool configured from DNAC has any address leashes. If not, are the ports connecting to your edge nodes Layer 2?

Second, does your DNAC know how to reach the LAN automation ip address pool when its configured on your intermediate node? You can create an SVI on your intermediate node in the same IP range and ping the DNAC entreprise ip/vip.

Hi.
I have main_office1 and main_office 2. My DNA border switches located on main_office1.

Edge switches of main_office1 connect to border node 1 and bordernode 2 . and works fine.

I connect new device (main_office_2_intermediate_node) that same model of border nodes that located on main_office1.
I run lan automation with selecting border_node as seed device. works fine.
I dont give any roll to main_office_2_intermediate_node.
I connect new edge switch of main_office_2 to main_office_2_intermediate_node

then i start lan outamation seed device as main_office_2_intermediate_node.
But lan automation not discover edge switch of main_office2.

Ughur_0-1717165854118.png

As @Boort noticed, check DNAC can reach endpoints within DHCP-pool u use on the intermediate nodes (assuming here the reverse path is Ok) 

@Boort . Yes connectivity has.
i was using 9500 as intermediate device. i checked license on dna center. 9500 is overuse. so i try tested with other model (9300) that are license is ok.
But i have other problem with lan automation. 

I have tested 2 device for lan automation. My plan was like this.
- Connect switch 1 to directly border and run aoutomation.
- Connect switch 2 to directly border and run aoutomation.
- if two switch connect with success. remove switch 2 from inventory and reset. then connect switch 2 to switch 1 and try to start lan automation for switch 2 (seed device is switch1).

Switch models are 9300.

But I ran into new problems.

- when i connected switch 1, Lan automation worked sucessfully for switch 1.
- Problem 1.
When i connected switch 2, Lan automation worked unsucessfully for switch 1. Lan automation start but not discovered. I checked some configs, analyze stepes. i saw problem . i reset switch2 (factory reset and pnpa reset) but when switch gets up, i can see "yes or no" option for 15-20 second. after 15-20 second ,switch automatically changes mode to usermode. But this not happenning on switch1. switch 1 stay "yes or no" (initial configuration dialog) state. (this is problem 1)

- Problem 2.
after joining fabrica, I resetted switch1 (erase nvram. reload. reset pnpa service. reload) and deleted switch 1 from inventory. now when i start lan automation for switch1(seed device is border) ,lan automation not find switch1.

Doing LAN automation with intermediate nodes already set up is fully supported, the only requirement is that the ports on the intermediate node towards the to be edge nodes are layer 2 and that the LAN Automation IP pool is distibuted into ISIS on the intermediate node so it is advertised to your border nodes, then redistributed into BGP, making the switches reachable from DNAC.

At this point i think you should contact TAC if you have validated all above requirements.