Views
Helpful
Replies

Edge port descriptions

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When migrating from from legacy switches to SDA Edges I need to transfer the port descriptions.  I usually assign a large range of ports to an address pool but that would only allow me to assign one description across all those ports in the range.  As I assign the ports via Port Assignment in DNAC I would need to assign the ports one by one with a unique description on each port.  That is not feasible.  It takes too long. 

As an alternative I created a template with the port descriptions and deployed it during provisioning.  That does indeed push out individual port descriptions but they do not then reflect in the Port Assignment area.  I expect to see the port descriptions in the Port assignment area so that when we require to re-assign a port we can see the description before doing so.

Even when I go to the Fabric infrastructure area, select the edge and point to a port no description is shown.

What is the normal, efficient, way to assign port descriptions?

Thanks as usual, Kev

1 Reply 1

i guess only u can try is bulk update with use of API call Update port assignments - Cisco Catalyst Center 2.3.7 - Cisco DevNet
but w/o any guaranty of success.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card