cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-Access Multiple Fabric Sites with Stretched VN

dm2020
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently deploying two fabric sites for two large campus locations that will each have IP transit handoff to a local fusion switch for access to shared services and the internet, and that will both be associated to the same SDA Transit for inter-fabric site communication and policy enforcement.

We need the ability to stretch a VN with a small number of IP pools between the two fabric sites, so that the same IP addresses exist at both, but I'm not sure if this is possible and how to achieve the implementation.

I know that this is possible using Multisite Remote Border, but the guides I have read have the Multisite Remote Border deployed on dedicated hardware at a dedicated fabric site. To achieve what I need, is it possible to configure an anchor VN on my existing borders without the need for a dedicated border? For example, if I create the shared VN under fabric site 1 and set is as an anchor, can I then share this same VN including the same IP pools at fabric site 2? If this is possible, this would mean that if fabric site 1 was offline then any endpoints associated to the anchored VN at fabric site 2 will fail, but this will be an acceptable caveat in my design.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

1 Reply 1