Views
Helpful
Replies

SD Access wireless DHCP issue

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've been playing around with SDA wireless with DNAC and a Cat9800 in preparation for a migration.  I have an SSID in a network profile defined as non-fabric and DNAC has generated that SSID.  It has the same name as a learned SSID but different profile name.  I wanted to ensure I could create network profiles in DNAC with fabric and non-fabric SSIDs and they would work on the APs in one area.  I have a fabric SSID working but the non-fabric one wouldn't work.  I could see the client requesting a DHCP address but never getting it.  What I did a wireshark along the path I can see the request got to the server and it returned an offer right up to and on to the link to the WLC.  However, the client never saw the offer.  It was as if the WLC was ignoring it.

As a troubleshooting step I used the legacy SSID with the same name and added that to a Policy tag such that I was advertising the legacy SSID.  The client joined no problem.

I tried all sorts of things but no success until I went onto the WLC CLI.  Under the wireless profile policy for the legacy SSID there is no aaa-policy command.  When I look on the GUI the policy is defined as default-aaa-policy under

Configuration Policy - Policy profile name - Advanced - AAA Policy - Policy name.

When I look at the policy profile for the DNAC generated SSID that section has a dnac generated policy profile called dnac-aaa-policy-xxxxxxxxx

Since this was the only real difference I manually set the DNAC generated policy profile to use the default aaa-policy and it burst into life.  I see the clients getting their DHCP offer and passing traffic.

When I look at both of these aaa-policy configs they look exactly the same but I cannot get my SSID to work attached to a policy profile with the DNAC generated aaa-policy attached.

Anyone seen this before?  My DNAC is as up to date as possible.  My Cat9800's are running 17.5.1

Thanks, Kev.

0 Replies 0