Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch cisco 3650 how to add in tha fabric SD-Access

I installed DNA Center server, at server I added two border nodes (Cisco catalyst 9500) with discover OK
I added 8 switch edge with LAN Automation (Cisco catalyst 9400) OK
I created fabric between two Fusion routers (cisco catalyst 9300) and two border nodes (cisco Catalyst 9500), bgp routing between the two Fusion routers and two border nodes works.

Now I added cisco 3650 switch at the DNA Center with discovery, reachable and managed state of switch.

My question : how to add Switch cisco 3650 in the fabric ???

Do I have to do a direct connected switch 3650 with the two borders (since it plays the role of control plane and border node) and I have to apply isis routing ???
There is a solution for this need of my manager and thank you
Please find this print screen expresses my architecture

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

it should be same as how you deployed your Cat9500 ( control and border nodes) - you can select in DNAC Control and border node while provisioning,

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Do I have to make a direct interconnection at switch 3650 level with the two 9500 borders?

@khalilsoltani47714 wrote:

Do I have to make a direct interconnection at switch 3650 level with the two 9500 borders?

You have to have IP reachability between the Loopback0 interface of your 3650 and the Loopback0 interface of your 9500s.
Cisco DNA Center must be able to reach those Loopback0 addresses as well. 

We don't necessarily mandate how you accomplish that reachability.  For your 3650 to 9500s, it could be through direct connection or there could be many physical hops in between. 

If I understood correctly, just ensured the IP accessibility between the loopback 0 interface of switch 3650 and the Loopback0 interface of switch 9500s and dna center server must also be able to reach these Loopback0 addresses.
Then make Provisionn, the switch is added in the fabric and I can manage its interfaces (gigabit ethernet 1/0 / 1-1 / 0/24) in host onboarding.