Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Center License registration

Hi everyone,

I have this problem when trying to register licenses, but they fail, I don't know if I am missing a step or if it cannot be done.

The problem is that within DNA center I associate a switch in License Manager -> Manage Smart License -> register, I do the registration, but it fails. The CCO account is associated with DNA-C and there is connectivity, but when I register the device I have the following error 

""Device registration is in progress for more than a minute. Please check the device reachability to tools.cisco.com to confirm CSSM connectivity""

The switches have no internet access to the Cisco site. Do they need to go to the internet? Cisco DNA-C can be used as a satellite ?? in case it is possible, how should it be used?

The DNA-C version is 1.3.0.159

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNAC Can't be used as satellite, only smart licensing reservation (which is an special case use). Switches require internet access, DNAC only takes a token from CSSM then it assigns it to a device, after that its all device-to-cssm operation.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/admin_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_1_2/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_1_1_chapter_0101.html#id_82772

Section: Apply Specific License Reservation or Permanent License Reservation to Devices

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DNAC Can't be used as satellite, only smart licensing reservation (which is an special case use). Switches require internet access, DNAC only takes a token from CSSM then it assigns it to a device, after that its all device-to-cssm operation.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/admin_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_1_2/b_cisco_dna_center_admin_guide_2_1_1_chapter_0101.html#id_82772

Section: Apply Specific License Reservation or Permanent License Reservation to Devices