Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5428-2 clustering issue

I have a pair of these running as a cluster fine with a couple of single controller/dual connected RAID units (one fiber to each 5428)

I have a new RAID unit with dual controllers, each with dual connections. It works fine connected to a single 5428, but if I connect either or both fibers from the second controller, then the fiber ports go offline - the see sync, but do not login (this happens on both the master and redundant 5428)

Any ideas what's causing this?

I'm running 3.5.3-K9, and the RAID box is a RAID inc X24.

3 Replies 3

plowden
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the output from "sh log all" with entries from when you connect the new RAID unit? Output of "sh runningconfig" and "sh ha all" would also be useful. Do you know how failover is implemented in the x24? In particular, do you know if the second controller is using the same WWNs as the primary controller? This could be one reason for fabric logout.

Lots of the following:

Jul 25 13:39:41: %FC-fci2-6-Q1FIXMYMNEM: QlogicFC::updatePDBLoginStates: loopId 3 portid=0x103e2 unavailable, attempt login

Jul 25 13:39:42: %FC-fci1-6-Q1FIXMYMNEM: QlogicFC::updatePDBLoginStates: loopId 3 portid=0x103e2 unavailable, attempt login

Jul 25 13:40:01: %FC-fci2-6-QFFLOFLC: fabricLogOut: Fabric Logout of a Target Device loopId=0x3 mbox_sts[1]=0x3

Jul 25 13:40:01: %FC-fci2-5-QFPDBSLP: portDataBaseSync: Failed to login to portId=0x103e2!

Jul 25 13:40:02: %FC-fci1-6-QFFLOFLC: fabricLogOut: Fabric Logout of a Target Device loopId=0x3 mbox_sts[1]=0x3

Jul 25 13:40:02: %FC-fci1-5-QFPDBSLP: portDataBaseSync: Failed to login to portId=0x103e2!

[laxcssr01]$ sh ha all

System Name Configuration Status MGMT HA Failover By Eligibility

laxcssr01 CLUSTERED up up up on

I'm finding out what WWNs the secondary controller on the X24 uses. I had to put the box into production without any redundancy, due to a deadline, so I can't experiment any more to troubleshoot.

Thanks

mrfrase
Level 1
Level 1

Is the RAID array a N port device or a loop (NL) It does sound like dup PWWN's

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: