Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

we are an all brocade shop, but we are in need of bigger switches 200 ports per switch at least.how your experience has been with these new cisco.. we are looking at the 9509sTIA

PvanBreda by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Do you know where can I find Error message references for SN5428?When I telnet to the box, I have an error message:[SN5428-1]$ Aug 14 08:56:16: %FC-fci1-5-QFPDBSLP: portDataBaseSync: Failed to login to portId=0x10200!Has anyone seen this?Thanks.

ychen by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are currently in the process of getting a 9509. My question is on the power supplies. If we have redundant 2500w PS and one fails, Is it true that if we use 110 v it won't power the the chassis fully populated. Do we need 220v for redundancy.

gaban by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question regarding the new IP module for MDS9000Is it possible to have the netboot like with this module as in the SN5428 ? If yes for wich OS ? (only W2k?)Regards

jgugler by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hy, I use a SN 5428 router whith a a storage. The SN 5428 see the storage LUNs. I put a server in other FC interface (I want to see the disks of the storage truth the SN 5428). The server use LP9002-L emulex. My problem is: the SN 5428 can' t see de ...

I have a simple question (possibly silly)...I have assigned the mgmt interface an IP address, say 10.1.1.1/24 and I wishto assign the ge1 interface an IP address, say 10.1.1.200/24. When I try todo the ge1 interface the router tells me "Error: networ...

Hi guys,Does anyone know how to purchase MDS9000 switches? I couldn't find it in the dynamic configuration tools?As I know, only OSM partner can purchase these product. Is it possible for a Gold Partner SI to resell/purchase product of this serious?T...

chansam by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,Does any limitation set on number of LUNs Mapping to Win2K thru SN5428?I have configured 10 LUNs on my RAID box from its storage poolI can create as many LUN Mapping targets as I like in the SN5428. However, in my Win2K server, only the firs...

chansam by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i would like to know the maximum host number I could attache to a single Sn5428 ? I know that it is depending of the I/O but what is the practival average ?And I want to know if the MDS9000 IP port is better than a SN5428 in term of performance...

jgugler by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does cisco provide any training or certification in the field of Storage Area Networks and what is the scope of this field? Also what are the prerequisites in terms of experience and knowledge required to get into this field?

I was doing some research about the emergence of SoIP networks. Currently Nishan makes a box that does FC,iSCSI, IP all in one box. So basically what you can do is have FC to your servers and to your storage with IP run by 6509's in between so that y...