Views
Helpful
Replies

access to events on 9509 - newbie

jpschimming
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

sorry prob a really dumb question but...

We have 2x 9509 switches here and i'm trying to get the events working. If i look at the events log it tells me "Event logs not found". Is there something i need to configure on the switches to turn eventing on?

To configure, The manuals say to select "Filters" from the "Events" menu. I cannot see any events menu in fabric Manager. We are using Fabric Manager 2.0 (1b). Could it be a licensing thing?

any help appreciated!

jason

2 Replies 2

mrfrase
Level 1
Level 1

Logging tools for Fabric Manager are found in the "Physical Attributes" section. Switches/Events/

Or you can configure from Device Manager, Logs/FM Server/Events

Make sure you have destinations also configured.

Thansk for that...

must be software version thing cant see Logs/FM Server/Events in DM at all. I can See the Event filters, and ive enabled what i would like to have as an event. On the interfaces tab, all ports have EnableLinkTrap set.

i have set SNMP - community Auth failure as well. Now if i try to log in using an incorrect password, this *should* send a trap to my destination... is that correct?

Is there something else i need to enable? I'm still getting "Events Log not found" when i try to view the current or older events from DM

cheers

jason