ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.

Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Hello All,I have two 9506 directors in a Fabric connected through two ISL in VSAN1Eg:-Switch 1 : 9506-1 (Subordinate)===============================--> Only VSAN1--> Active Zone Zet : ZonesetA--> Zones : Zone1, Zone2.--> Production hosts connectedSwi...

Hi there,I understand that Cisco Fabric Manager is supplied free on the product CD.We have a Cisco MDS 9120 but no product CD and, therefore, no Cisco Fabric Manager.Where can I download a copy, please?If it's not available for download, can someone ...

Hi, I am having 2 Cisco MDS 9216i for SAN replication. In one site the cisco 9216i is connected to Cisco 4506 Switch via Gigabitethernet and working fine. On other side I am not able to get the gigabitethernet up and running.It stucks in the initi...

I have a 9124 in and HP Blade server and I goofed up when setting up tacacs without first defining roles. Now of course there is only the fault role on the switch:role name default-role description This is a system defined role and applies to all us...

sdrossen2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working to replace the Hyperchannel for OS390. I looked FICON Directors from MC-Data, I am wondering if MDS Switches support the FICON protocol.Can anybody help me out on this.Thanks

sarosh by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We can't TFTP or FTP out config from the switches to our FTP server. We have IP Access List setup allowing certain protocols. What would I have to add to the Access List to alllow the switches to TFTP or FTP their config?Thanks.

user_4444 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I've a customer that migrate from single switch to 2 in core-edge design.We have W2K3 that are connected to EMC DL.Those Disk libraries are connected to a 9509 with TL ports. When we put those ports to the other switch, also 9509 (16 ports bla...

A couple of other questions....Why is there a dotted cross (orange?) over the switch in Fabric Manager? Is this because the switch only has the one PSU fitted and would need the 2nd redundent one to be "fully operational" and is therefore operating w...

Hello All,I have 2 MDS 9509 sitting across two sites on a same fabric with Intersite DWDN link = 1 GbpsI have 48 port blades and 12 port blades.Since the ISL max theoritical bandwidth is 1 Gbps, i think of locking the switch ISL ports at 1 Gbp...

Hi,I have just got a MDS 9124 swith to replace an old Capellix Gadzoox 3000 unit.Basically, I have just removed the Gadzoox and added the Cisco switch in its place.There are only 8 ports used. 3 x HBAs, 4 x Tape Drives and 1 x JBOD.The problem that I...

Greetings,Having come from a director class environment, I have to wonder about b2b credits on something smaller like the 9134. It has 64 available per port group which consists of 4 ports. If I intended to purchase something like the 9134 for pure...