Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9148 S configuration changes

jettacone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I currently have a Cisco mds 9148s 16g (8.14 code) switch for my storage connecting to a UCS 6332 using PURE storage.  I currently have the mds set up with a vsan, port channel and the vsan is set to use all of the ports.  I never thought I would connect another UCS to it.  What I am trying to do is connect another set of 6332 FIs and use 4 ports on each switch for the port channel and create a new VSAN for it since it is on a second set of FIs.  I am a bit of an amateur on this switch and fear making changes to it.  The docs are vague so I though I would ask the community how to do what I am trying to do.

I have plugged everything in but have not fired up the ports just yet. 

How do I remove the ports on the current VSAN and than add them to the new VSAN.  is this a disruptive thing to do?  

When I configure the ports to look like the others will that be disruptive to only the port I am configuring or will i possibly disrupt the other ports?  Sorry if the question does not make sense.  I am new to the MDS side of things.  Thanks in advance!

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: