cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCNM-install /reinstall on windows 8

kyleweir
Level 1
Level 1

Well there's two problems I'm currently having.

1. Installing DCNM onto a windows 8 machine, I ran into a problem the 1st time I tried to install in that PostgreSQL doesn't like to be installed under program files in windows 8. It's a permission issue, I didn't realize this at 1st, so my DCNM install was messed up at 1st. I installed PostgreSQL and got it up and working.

2. Now the problem I have is that it says DCNM-SAN is still installed and you need to uninstall it 1st. Well I had uninstalled it, and remove any settings in the registry as well as the windows directory but it still says there's a previous installation of DCNM and to uninstall DCNM-SAN and run the installer again. I've tried installing a newer version but that gives me the same error. Any ideas on where/what I need to do to clear out any extra settings?

5 Replies 5

bazmercer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Did you manage to fix this? Your is the only reference to the problem that I can find!

Yes me as well. Very frustrating and still cannot install DCNM.

What version? Are still having issues with install?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I was running windows 8 at the time, it was version 6.2(1) of DCNM SAN Manager

I think part of the problem is it was requiring to use/install a old version of psql which didn't support windows 8. And then it would fail. I even tried using another box as a server, and then having my windows 8 machine run as a client. But I couldn't get far enough in the install at the time to even do that.

I ended up running a vm with it configured that I just RDP to whenever I need it. Which is running windows XP. I am going to download the new 6.2.3 client/server and see if that will work.

Also check release notes, where fixes are documented. Tac also can check if the case already been opened on the issue.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App