Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Manager admin password

mcrespo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've to manage a Cisco Fabric Manager Server which was previosly managed by other department.  The admin password for the web client was changed and no one knows it.

Is there a procedure to recover it or is there a way to access web client?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Vu Phan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello mcrespo,

I assumed you don't know the database password also. There is a method to re-cover the password for FMS by create a new admin user with network-admin previledge. But this command requires to know DB password.

I suggest to do plan B, since FMS is a GUI software using snmp to pull information from switches.  You can complete remove this software from server with no harm, then install a new one, then if you are using Performance Manager, you can import PM back to the system.

Thanks

Hello Vu Phan,

yes I have the database password, so I 've tried to create a new admin user doing the following:

addUser.bat

The procedure finished succcessfully and that user it is supposed to be created but when I try to login the web interface still getting Authentication Failed message.

I've also restarted Fabric Manager Service and same result.

Is the above procedure correct to recover web admin password? What other things could I try?

Thanks

Let open a Tech Support case and we will look into it

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: