cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Manager replacement

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all .. Our server manager folks have been using the Cisco Fabric Manager as part of their support for our SAN. It has been installed on a windows 2008 system for a long time and they are pushing to move to Windows 2012. It seems that Fabric Manager will either not install or not run once it is installed. I figured this is part of windows 2012 being 64-bit which the documentation says it does not support. I was wondering if there is a replacement for Fabric Manager especially since they licenses have reached EOL. I really do not want to go through having them use the CLI.

Brent

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Looks like you will want to see the DCNM line, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/10_0_x/installation/DCNM_Installation_Guide_10_0_x/prerequisites.html which is listed as the replacement in fabric manager's EOL statement.

I believe the DCNM product line is moving towards a guestVM/virtual appliance model.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Just seems like over Kill for three small switches. We just had the other client installed on an existing desktop.

Thanks ...

Brent

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card