cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with topology and configuration (MDS)

marcio.tormente
Level 4
Level 4

Hello experts,

I would like to ask for your help, because I have a project to do, but I never made any configuration in MDS, my knowledge is in R&S.

In the topology the first sw are fabric extender, after UCS blade, MDS and Storage and Tap backup.

The yellow and purple conection are FC and as you can see between Fabric and MDS there are two FC conection (8GB), but I don't know is if possible make a etherchannel.

In this topology there is only on side, there is other side iqual and both have conection through purple conection (MDS to MDS) and green ( fabric to 6509).

Other doubt is about VSANs and Zones configuration, I have no idea what is the best way to configure, I just know that both have to be configured.

If anybody knows how to do it, I'll be very grateful

Thanks

Marcio L. Tormente

2 Replies 2

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marcio,

I wouldn't recommend crossconnecting the MDS and fabric interconnects.  This whitepaper is pretty similar to what you are looking to accomplish:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps4159/ps6409/ps5990/white_paper_c11_586100.html

Brian,

This is a very good document, but I have a doubt, why in this documents if I use cross conection such as figure 7 is single point of failure?

In this figure show a redundant way, I couldn't understand way they say that is point of failure.

Thanks for help me.