Views
Helpful
Replies

N9K-C93180YC-FX with ACI-STRG  for iscsi or NFS

pabloariel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I am configuring the replacement of a Nexus 5672UP, connected by 10GB Eth to a Storage NetApp AFF C190. It works NFS or iscsi.

as I understand the replacement would be the N9K-C93180YC-FX, but I'm not sure if I need the ACI-STRG license to be able to fulfill the requirement.

Can you help me?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Both NFS and iSCSI work over IP, so from perspective of N9K, both are just IP traffic. So no need for ACI STRG license.

The ACI-STRG license is required if you want to enable FC NPV, FCoE NPV or SAN switching.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Both NFS and iSCSI work over IP, so from perspective of N9K, both are just IP traffic. So no need for ACI STRG license.

The ACI-STRG license is required if you want to enable FC NPV, FCoE NPV or SAN switching.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Hello,

I wanted to ask a followup question: how do you activate the ACI-STRG license ? Does it come via smartnet or via PAK codes ?

We ordered it with a switch but it is not installed on it from factory (the advanced license is, but the ACI-STRG not)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: