Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus Zoning

benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

we have 4 data centres and I have been tasked with configuring zoning on our Nexus 9k's and 5k,s I have done this before and had no issues but now we have new vsans created and these are for the new storage volumes is it possible to have x2 active zonsets one for vsan 189 and one for vsan 190, all our zones are currently in zonset which is vsan 189, i want to addd new zones to new zoneset for vsan 190 is this possible.??

Thanks

4 Replies 4

csechiat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes. Same as zoning for existing vsan 189.
Make sure your FC ports for the new devices are in vsan 190

config t
zone name new_zone vsan 190
member blah-blah
exit

zoneset name new_zoneset vsan 190
member new_zone
exit

zoneset activate name new_zoneset vsan 190
zone commit vsan 190

sh zone-status vsan 190

Hi

Thanks for that! just a quick one I added a new zone to an exsisting zoneset and then ran zoneset _ _ _ _ activate.
but when i had a look at the zoneset staus and running config all the other zones had disappered and just this new zone I had just added was in the zoneset, any idea why please.??

Thanks

csechiat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like some zones were missing when you activated the new one.

Does 'show zoneset active vsan X' show everything?

Also before you activate a new zoneset, you can run
'sh zone pending-diff'
to see the changes that will be made.

Hi 

Thaks again for response i didnt know that command. and yes when I do a show zoneset active vsan X i see all the zones there thats because I copied them all back in and re-activated the zoneset, see below please.

So when I created new alias and committed, then created new zone then added new zone to current zoneset,  once I activated the current zoneset and looked at the config there was only the newly created zone under the below config in bold,  I couldnt see the other 35 zones. I hadnt saved the config at this point by the way,  I'm thinking I may need to paste in all the current zones along with the new zone in zoneset config mode and then activate, any thoughts on this.??

zoneset activate name ZNESET_ZHT_FCOE_A vsan 435

do clear zone database vsan 435

!Full Zone Database Section for vsan 435

zone name ZNE ZHT-ESX1 HBA1 vsan 435

member pwwn 20:01:00:a0:78:24:47:0e

member pwwn 20:02:00:a0:78:24:47:0e

member pwwn 20:00:00:35:b5:34:3a:00

Thanks