Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem commiting Device Aliases

Storagevagt
Level 1
Level 1

When I create or delete aliases I get following error when committing:

"Zone Server is currently busy handling other requests. Please retry the command after some time"

I get a lock which I can release and try again with same error. 

4 Replies 4

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

we Need more information: 

show device-alias internal validation-info

and reviewing the syslogs for the switch where the commit was issued.(show logging log)

Hello Walter, I have the exact same problem and using the command "

sh device-alias internal validation-info"gave me the information that somebody has a lock on some switch:
SAP   :   18 (Zone Server)    Status: Zone Server is currently busy han
dling other requests. Please retry the command after some time.    Expln: Unable
 to lock zone database on vsan 99 reason: lock is held by : snmp [piet] lo
cal ip = 192.168.1.192
I want to clear that particular lock, but how?

LuisChaves64940
Level 1
Level 1

This issue usually happens when there is some kind of lock in place by other switches in the fabric. This could be from device alias / zone / or any CFS applications which ensures that no other changes are done by any other users within the fabric.
Once you commit the changes, the fabric wide lock is released and you can do any changes on any other switches.

Rob Koper
Level 1
Level 1

I've written a small blog post to address this old problem: http://www.50mu.net/2015/04/09/cisco-mds-fabric-is-already-locked/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: