Replies

SAN - Storage

Toss Leey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Genius

I have following SAN storage:

-6 blade server UCS B200 M4 in 5108 chassis with two UCS 6248UP,

Can I increase the capacity of storage up to 45 TB without buy another chassis, what's is the best solution..

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I assume you mean external storage, not local storage on the blade ?

Yes ! there are 2 choices: either connecting a storage Subsystem directly to UCS fabric interconnect, or connect storage Subsystem by means of a SAN to the fabric interconnect.

Walter.

View solution in original post

There will be 3 choices (soon !)

- Cisco storage blade in a UCS Chassis (this is SSD based); available soon.

- certified storage subsystems (e.g. Netapp, HDS, EMC,..) connected directly to fabric interconnect (no Connection to fex)

-Storage Subsystems (Netapp, EMC, HDS, IBM,....) connected via SAN to fabric interconnect

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I assume you mean external storage, not local storage on the blade ?

Yes ! there are 2 choices: either connecting a storage Subsystem directly to UCS fabric interconnect, or connect storage Subsystem by means of a SAN to the fabric interconnect.

Walter.

Hi Walter

storage subsystem like another blade server with chassis?, also should i connect

storage subsystem directly to fabric interconnect or fabric extender?

Thanks

There will be 3 choices (soon !)

- Cisco storage blade in a UCS Chassis (this is SSD based); available soon.

- certified storage subsystems (e.g. Netapp, HDS, EMC,..) connected directly to fabric interconnect (no Connection to fex)

-Storage Subsystems (Netapp, EMC, HDS, IBM,....) connected via SAN to fabric interconnect

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: