Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Zoning and FC alias

dynamoxxx
Level 5
Level 5

Hello guys,

does Smart Zoning support FC aliases ? I enabled Smart Zoning on a brand new VSAN, created two fc aliases and when i try to add them to a zone, the minute i select FC-Alias ..device type is no longer available

Switch: 9513

NX-OS: 5.2.8

3-18-2013 10-42-12 AM.png

Thanks

@dynamoxxx
2 Replies 2

LuisVelez1
Level 1
Level 1

I have also come across this problem. What we ended up doing to get the fcalias with device type was to converted. We ran the command below and checked the zonename and it worked. Now I have a question. How a non-converted fcalias is handled within smart zoning. Has anyone come across issues and would smart zoning actually work if you just add the fcalias to the smart zone?

switch(config)# zone convert smart-zoning fcalias name <alias-name> vsan <vsan no>

i enabled smart zoning on a VSAN that nothing but traditional zones with fcaliases. No issues there, did not have to run any convert zones either. Then i started creating smartzones and they happily co-existed with traditional zones.

@dynamoxxx
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: