cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

zoneMergeFailureIsolation - how to resolve?

mgodfrey
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to create an ISL between two MDS switches.  I got this error I haven't seen before: zoneMergeFailureIsolation

The only thing I found on this fault is: "The two Interconnect_Ports cannot merge zoning configuration after having exchanged merging request for zoning."

From that description I can't tell what needs to be changed or what is wrong?

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Vu Phan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hop into the switch that have the most zone members

ex: fcx/y is the interface of ISL

switch#  zoneset import interface fcx/y

switch# show int fcx/y

Kris Vandecruys
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

check if both ends are running the same zoning mode (basic vs enhanced) using the 'show zone status' command.  The second line per VSAN should be the mode and they should be equal on both ends per VSAN (can be different between vsans)

mgodfrey
Level 1
Level 1

Ok my issues is resloved.

I'm not sure what was the initial cause of the zoneMergeFailureIsolation. 

Ended up clearing up one side of all zones/zonesets and then reconnecting the ISL and it seemed to work.

Tomas Mazur
Level 1
Level 1

I had this issue between MDS 9124e and Brocade 3900.

Originally we had only one MDS module which worked fine. After adding another MDS to the fabric and updating its zoneset with

"zoneset import interface interface-number vsan vsan-id" redundant card kicked in.

We also had to update NX-OS on the original MDS module and after restarting it all interfaces went into isolated mode.

Eventually I created new VSAN and moved all required interfaces to it. Zoneset populated automatically after few minutes we had full redundancy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: