cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4010 IE Switch upgrade Failed with 2 IOS boot system command

rafafilho11
Level 1
Level 1

I want to upgrade the switch 4010 with file .bin, but in order to avoid any problem during switch boot up I used the boot system command with 2 IOS, first the newest one, and the second IOS current one. The switch booted and come back with the older one.

The command used was:

sdflash:/ie4010-universalk9-mz.152-8.E1/ie4010-universalk9-mz.152-8.E1.bin;sdflash:/ie4010-universalk9-mz.152-7.E2/ie4010-universalk9-mz.152-7.E2.bin

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Console into the switch and reboot.
Post the entire boot-up process.

How was 15.2(8)E1 unpacked?  Was it using the "archive download-sw" script or did someone manually copy the BIN file?

How was 15.2(8)E1 unpacked? Was it using the "archive download-sw" script or did someone manually copy the BIN file?

Yes. manually copy the BIN file

copied the file to the switch and boot system sdflash:directory/file.bin; sdflash:directory/file.bin

I have no console access to the switch right now in order to identify what happens during the boot up

@rafafilho11 wrote:

Yes. manually copy the BIN file

Compare the MD5 hash value of the BIN file against the MD5 value found in the Cisco website.  The IOS file in the 4010 could be corrupt:  verify /md5 sdflash:/ie4010-universalk9-mz.152-8.E1/ie4010-universalk9-mz.152-8.E1.bin <MD5 HASH>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card