Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch Troubleshooting

Hi dears,

In my network SG500/SG300/SF300/Cisco 2950/Cisco 2960 switches are using

Its running fine but from few days when i connect some switch to my network then its starting packet droping and my network getting down,when i remove that switches after my network is working fine.What should be the problem and how i resolved the problem

3 Replies 3

Hello,

the first thing that comes to mind is that the new switch becomes the root switch for your VLAN(s). What type of switch are you adding, and how are the existing switches connected with each other ?

Sir there is only one vlan in my network that is Default Vlan.

One department is connected to another department through fiber and media conveter.

from my distribution switch nearly 30 department is connected.All department is working fine but sometimes my network is down and when I remove one department from my core after that network stable again.So tell me what is the problem and solution .

M using Cisco SG500/SG300/SF300/Cisco 2950/cisco2960 are using

Hello,

before you add the switch, issue the command 'show spanning-tree root', this should give you the MAC address of the root bridge for your VLAN(s).

Then issue the same command AFTER adding the new switch and check if the output changes, that is, if the root bridge for one of your VLANs has changed...

You can also post the output here...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card