cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP failed. APIPA is being used.

szymonb
Level 1
Level 1

My task is to create a network with five subnets. There will be 16 hosts in each. For this, I use five switches for the subnet and one main switch to which the others are connected, as well as a router and DNS server. This should be done using VLAN, subinterfaces and DHCP on the router. In my opinion, I did everything as I should. However, computers do not get the correct address set in DHCP and do not ping each other. When I set DHCP in my computer's settings I get the error "DHCP failed. APIPA is being used." If there are any uncertainties please ask. I wrote this using a translator. Please explain why it doesn't work and what needs to be done to make it work.

My pkt file is here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jal030PdE0QJtGXrr-LRDEbrgdzUVaKx/view?usp=sharing

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, you did everything right, except that you did not configure the interface between Router and switch as trunk mode. 

If you do that, it will work.

Check  my file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Yeah, you did everything right, except that you did not configure the interface between Router and switch as trunk mode. 

If you do that, it will work.

Check  my file.

Thank you so much!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card