Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Snooping

carl.townshend
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

We want to enable DHCP snooping on one of our sites, we have a core switch and lots of edge plugged into this, the DHCP server is over the WAN, do we just need to set the port that the WAN router plugs into and the uplinks to the switches as trusted? we have had some issues where DHCP snooping breaks DHCP in the past so were reluctant to enable it again.

Should what I described above work OK?

Cheers

20 Replies 20

Why you want to enable dhcp snooping in Core SW (remote site)?

Not remote site SW drop dhcp the SW with ip helper and not run dhcp snooping will drop dhcp request.

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

DHCP Snooping Configuration Guidelines
--------------------------------------

• DHCP snooping is not active until you enable the feature on at least one VLAN, and enable DHCP globally on the switch.
  • Before globally enabling DHCP snooping on the switch, make sure that the devices acting as the DHCP server and the DHCP relay agent are configured and enabled.
  • If a Layer 2 LAN port is connected to a DHCP server, configure the port as trusted by entering the ip dhcp snooping trust interface configuration command.
  • If a Layer 2 LAN port is connected to a DHCP client, configure the port as untrusted by entering the no ip dhcp snooping trust interface configuration command.
  • In summary...all uplik ports towards to server should be configured as server and all client connected prots should be configured as untrusted.

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

carl.townshend
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me when the below commands should be used

1.no ip dhcp snooping information option

2.ip dhcp snooping information option allow-untrusted

3.ip dhcp relay information trust-all

4.ip dhcp relay information trusted

thanks

i send you message check it

Hi, Its OK now, I am comfortable with most the answers,  I just wanted confirmation when to use the above commands. we have disabled option 82 on the edge ports so should not have any issues

Yes no need trust in other SW

Only disable the op82 and it will work.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card