Views
Helpful
Replies

disable SSL and enable TLS in SFE2000

ketanshah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3 managed switches (SFE2000 24ports) and need to verify if that SSL is disabled for security purpose and enable TLS.  I didn't find in the help for quicker access.  Does this switch has that feature or not.  If it does, how can I disable SSL and enable TLS only and ensure that it doesn't bring down since all are in Standalone mode not Stack.

Thank You.

2 Replies 2

These devices are EOS and Cisco didn't take care of them for a quite long time. I assume you are out of luck. Even on the still supported devices, modern crypto functions are only available in the newest software, if available at all.

It's time to replace these devices.

Hi Karsten,

Yes, I am aware that these devices are EOS that the reason I post here to see if others can recommend something.  As you know that SSL is not recommended and required to be disable and enable TLS or something in that range.  So, I am open to advice even if I cannot do them at least I need to minimize the risk.

Plus while I was doing other lockdown measurement, so far I have not found a way to completely disable Telnet.  Is there a way to disable it or at least force to use SSH?

I am doing this to meet the security compliance.

Thank You,

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card