cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to boot a NX 5k from bash to normal mode?

stefane01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys (well maybe a few girls too),

I am facing following issue with my two NX 5k switches. I set them up and everything is running fine. This morning a power outage occured and when the power came back both N5k switches are booting in the bash-3.2 mode.

Searching for this on the web brought me to a cisco bug report which is suggesting to do a write erase command and reboot the switch (I tried rebooting without write erase several times, but it will still bott in the bash mode).

So understanding this workaround I have two questions.

1. Does anyone know if and how I can backup my config file out of the bash mode? 

2. When I try the write erase command in the bash mode the linux is trying to write a tty message, so not what I expect from a write erase on the NXOS. How is the systax to make a write erase in the bash mode.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

3 Replies 3

stefane01
Level 1
Level 1

Still no answer? All Cisco workarrounds are not working yet.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/configuration/guide/cli/CLIConfigurationGuide/initconfig.html#pgfId-1074025

C"Clearing a Configuration

Use the write erase command to clear a startup configuration. Once this command is executed, the switch’s startup configuration reverts to factory defaults. The running configuration is not affected."

https://tools.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCub38011

Conditions:
Usually seen after a reboot/reload/power cycle or a software crash in a switch which has Fibre 
Channel(FC) license grace-period expired.

Maybe try to upgrade your IOS to a different version that this bug isn't known with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card