Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Check Port Flapping

Dear All,

We are having 4500 Cisco Core Sw. It seems some of the Uplinks are flapping and i dont exaclty know where its happening.

can someone help how to troubleshoot this issue,

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In Catalyst 4k platform, the default settings for port configurations is "NO logging event link status".  Is this the case?

Hello,

what is connected to these uplink ports ?

Server Switches, HX etc

Hello,

the reason I am asking is that the problem can also be the connected device(s), rather than the Cisco 4500. What do the logs on both devices (if the logs are available) show ?

under each interface not in global mode.
450x(config-if)#logging event ?

link-status UPDOWN and CHANGE messages<-

can i run this command in Live environment ..wont be any memory utilization issue..

Hello

Are this uplinks trunk or access ports?
sh spanning-tree int x/x detail | in transitions
sh int | inc L2|line|broadcast
sh int | in line|\/sec
sh int x/x counters

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

These are uplinks, can you be more specific about the commands..

@kaleemullahbilal1 wrote:

These are uplinks, can you be more specific about the commands..

Post the configuration of the interface in question. 

If the command "logging event link-status" is not in the configuration of the interface this means flapping link ports are not visible in the logs (the command "NO logging event link-status" is hidden, by default).

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the logs on the 4500 for more info.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card