Views
Helpful
Replies

Link Aggrigation & Advertisment of static ips over internet

vinayak
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Currently i am having 3 ISP links & having 3 seprate routers for each link.

Now i want to terminate all 3 Links on 1 Router & want to do Load balancing & Link Failover. so can you please suggest me the appropiate Router to handel all these things.

Also i got a pool of Usable Static IP's (115.113.213.0/28 ) from my ISP. I want to assign all these IP's to my IPTELEPHONY System, so that i can access these device & manage them from anywhere.

Means i want all these 15 IP's should be visible on internet & will be accessed from anywhere. so how can we do this?

I am attaching network diagrm for your reference.

13 Replies 13

vinayak
Level 1
Level 1

Can Anyone Reply to this post ?

Hello Vinayak,

Which router to choose depends upon many factors.

> What are those three links..E1,Ethernet..I think 3800 series is sufficient as a core router with three ISP links and one LAN link.

> What you are learning from Provider (Full-BGP table, Partial table or default route)..If full-bgp then you might need atleast 512MB of RAM

Next you were assigned /28 IP from one provider which will not be advt. by other provider. I will suggest you to have /22 IP from registry. Divide

these ip in different /24 and advt. each on different provider for load-sharing.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for your reply.

The all 3 links are Ethernet links. & we are going to use default route there is no dynamic routing protocol used.

As far as Advertising of IP concern, I got 1 WAN IP from ISP to use to connect to internet.

& other usable 15 IP's that i want to assign to my LAN network ( IPTelephones) so that i can access these devices easily from outside as we access router from outside network using PUTTY software.

Thanks.

Hi,

If you are using static routing putting three static routes towards three links with equal metric will ensure load sharing between

three links for outgoing traffic. For incoming traffic the link will be prefered for provider who provided you this /28 pool.

I hope this is helpful

Regards

Mahesh

Hi,

Its ok. But how can i advertise all the 15 Static Usable (public) ips over inetrnet ?

Can you guide me.

Hi,

Can anyone Help me Out...

Hello Vinayak,

Provider will put a static route pointing to your wan link for /28 ip. Remember this will be allowed only by provider who has assigned

it to you. Other two provider will not allow these IP to be announce.

If you want all provider announce your IP's you need to have portable assignement (Your own public IP assigned by registry)

from local internet registry and announce at all three provider.

Regards

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

Its ok that the the provider who gives us /28 ip only that link is used for to access all these IP's.

But i want all these IP's (/28) will be visible on outside network. & i want to assign them to my IPTelephone devices & want to access these devices from outside network ?

Is this possible only by putting static routes ?

Hello Vinayak,

As far as provider has static routing of /28 and internet is concerned (Provider do not block any port for internet customers),

those IP's are visible to outside world.

You can assign IP to ip-phone and you will be able to ping those IP from any route-server...you can try this

Regards

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

As per my knowledge we need to nat the Lan traffic to public ip for accessing internet.

So how i configure my router so that all my /28 ip's will visible to outside?

Can we use static nat in this case ?

Hello Vinayak,

If you have assigned public ip from /28 pool to ip-phone you do not need to do NAT. NAT is useful when you

want to access internet from private IP range.

Regards

Mahesh

Dear Mahesh,

If i assign Public ip then i think my device will become visible on outside network & more valnurable to security attacks.

Thats why i ask you an option of static nat .

If i do Static Nat of all my Iptelephone private IP's to /28 Public IP's then is it possible to access these devices from outside ?

If you do a one to one nat from your public IP to your private IP, and put the proper ACL, then you would be able to access  your devices from anywhere.

Its is the same thing to have your devices with public IP or a private nated to a public IP, from a WAN point of view if you dont have a proper ACL. (for VOIP issues is not the same).

If your concern is security, you better get a firewall in the middle.

Gonzalo

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card