Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help configuring switch

raghavbhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I want to configure a Cisco 3650 which will have to be connected directly to another big switch (don't know the model) that is already configured. This 3650 will only be used to further provide the LAN connection to a few Cisco IP phones (about 6), few systems (2-3)  and several WAPs (2-3). 

I'm still in learning phase and not aware of the proper configurations. It would be great if someone can help me with it the exact configuration. 

Thanks,

Raghav

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check out the "macro apply" commands. This applies Cisco's recommend config to a port.

Samples:

macro apply cisco-switch
macro apply cisco-desktop
macro apply cisco-router
macro apply cisco-phone

Hello

to further provide the LAN connection to a few Cisco IP phones (about 6), few systems (2-3)  and several WAPs (2-3). 

Given this requirement - You would probably need to trunk between the big switch, to allow the voice and data traffic to flow.

Also make ready the access/trunk ports for the Phones and the Access points, and this all depends on what type of phone and access-points your using

Do you have access to the big switch -can you post the make/model and if applicable the running config  as eventually you'll need to configure that also for this 3650 to be able to communicate.

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card