cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9300 switch vlan only source of 1 span session

joe19366
Level 1
Level 1

we are looking to span ALL our production vlans to 3 destination span sessions at the same time on a nexus 9300

but, a limitation of platform seems to be

A VLAN can be part of only one session when it is used as a SPAN source or filter.

this is a major issue, as vlan span is quite common and the older 3750's did not have this limitation. 

any work arounds?

here is the nexus 9300 span document i'm going from and I already tried and the config would not take when i tried.

thanks

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/6-x/system_management/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_System_Management_Configuration_Guide/sm_14span.html#con_1148977

1 Reply 1

Jayson Cruz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think we experience the same problem before on Cisco Nexus 7K. We have a number of VDC and each has a span session on it. Based from what I can remember we are told that there are no other workaround but to trim the span sessions or group the span sessions that have the same traffic and just filter the output on an external collector like gigamon or other device. We are force to remove one of the span sessions to mitigate the hardware resource issue. I am curious now if there is a developed workaround now aside from disabling the sessions or limit the sessions into one-way only.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco