cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF routing between 2 Nexus 7k switches.

pugster73
Level 1
Level 1

After some playing around, I realized that you can't route ospf traffic between the my 2 Nexus 7k switches over the vPC Peer link as described here.

https://adamraffe.com/2013/03/08/l3-over-vpc-nexus-7000-vs-5000/

The article mentions that you have to create a non-vPC link.  Sorry, I'm a noob, but how would you create it?  Can you create a virtual interface over the vPC link or you have to connect another cable between the Nexus 7k switches and create a non-vPC link between each other?  Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you are running vPC between the 2 switches and you have a trunk configured as vPC peer link, you can create a new vlan, SVI and /30 IP on both switches and run OSPF over that.  Make sure this vlan is excluded from your vPC peer link.  You can also use a separate physical cable, connect the 2 switches together, configure the ports as routed ports with /30 IP and run OSPF over that.

HTH

Thanks.  So let's say between the switches we have vlan 10, 20, 30, and 40 running between them and I created a SVI 50 which is routable between the 2 switches.  How do I exclude the 4 vlans?  IE commands.

Another question is SVI over a vpc peer link supported by cisco or using a physical cable is supported?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card