cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with two BSS's

Caio Cruz
Level 1
Level 1

I do like to ask if someone knows where's the problem in one of my works for my college, i've been trying to figure it out but i wasnt able to, all i need is that my pc01 from BSS1 can ping my other PC from BSS2.. i've tried the RIP and Static, even tried by the CLI with IP Route but didnt get it to work either. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Hi

I´ve been observing this behavior before and I think that there´s no solution for that.  The problem is that it seems is not possible to ping inside the Wireless router.  The Wireless router also does not respond ping on its wan interface but you can access it using HTTP.

We can see that there are many configuration on Linksys that are disabled, seems to as unfinished project.

The way they build this, you can from on PC behind Linksys access anything outside Linksys but not the other way around.

I edited you file and I am pretty sure routing is OK but you are going to see that no access is available for anything behind Linksys.

And, if you look at PacketTtracer Saved Exercises, you are going to see that the example the user, is always from behind Linksys to outside Linksys.

linksys.JPG

Hello!
Thanks for the advice! i was looking up about some thing about the WRT300N then i tried with a Home Router on a smaller test, it worked! both my Pc's can communicate now i'll try to change from WRT to Home Routers on the main project right now. Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card