cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF300-48PP Vlan questions....

Boosted240
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bunch of questions but I'll start with this one. I have a Fortiwifi 90d with 8 vlans. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70 and 80. I also have 2 cisco SF300-48PP switches set in layer 2 mode. Im trying to configure my workstation vlan (80) and voice vlan (50) on the same port due to the fact the computer is plugged into the phone and the phone to the switch. 

I was able to make it work once changing to port to switchport general but from what i've read thats not ideal. I cant find switchport voice vlan as stated in older threads so Im guessing that is older cli config. I am running 1.4 firmware.

Be nice I'm a newb. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey by default from what i remember sg300 portrs are all trunk so it should work automatically , there is no voice vlan command like in 2960s,37s etc

there is a couple of ways to do it , trunk i would have though should work as its allowing both vlans , another thing to check is that in Discovery-CDP-Interface settings you see voice vlan enabled per port

also check you can enable smartport under Port Management-Smartport-properties and interface settings you have auto smartport Device Detection set for phone + pc , for smartport to work the cdp needs to be on

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hey by default from what i remember sg300 portrs are all trunk so it should work automatically , there is no voice vlan command like in 2960s,37s etc

there is a couple of ways to do it , trunk i would have though should work as its allowing both vlans , another thing to check is that in Discovery-CDP-Interface settings you see voice vlan enabled per port

also check you can enable smartport under Port Management-Smartport-properties and interface settings you have auto smartport Device Detection set for phone + pc , for smartport to work the cdp needs to be on

Thanks for your help!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card