cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

switchport trunk allowed vlan

Isak Labuscagne
Level 1
Level 1

Why would you add a string like "switchport trunk allowed vlan add 200-201", instead of just adding the VLAN's to the configuration?

full config

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/12
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,10,20,30,40,60,70,80,100,110,120,130,150
switchport trunk allowed vlan add 200-201

Is it because it was just added afterwards?

Thank you in advance

Isak

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is likely that 200-201 were not the most recent entries. It is significant that these are the highest numbers. There is a limit on the length of a line of entries. The first line of trunk allowed entries goes until it reaches the length limit. And then any additional entries get entered as trunk allowed add.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is likely that 200-201 were not the most recent entries. It is significant that these are the highest numbers. There is a limit on the length of a line of entries. The first line of trunk allowed entries goes until it reaches the length limit. And then any additional entries get entered as trunk allowed add.

HTH

Rick

Isak

I am glad that my explanation was helpful. Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card