Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping from PC1 to Server on same VLAN across switches

Spacketer
Level 1
Level 1

Packet tracer file here: https://anonfiles.com/s3F7v4A3ya/Lab_2_pkt

Problem: Can't ping from PC1 to Server-PT-SRV-Accounting

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have trunk links configured between all switches and PC1 and server accounting are on the same subnet so I don't understand why I can't ping from PC1 to server accounting. Both are in the same VLAN so it's not like I need to route between VLANs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't looked at your PT file, but besides having "trunk links configured between all switches" and "PC1 and server accounting", are PC1 and server accounting also within the same VLAN, and is that shared VLAN defined/known on all the transit switches?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I haven't looked at your PT file, but besides having "trunk links configured between all switches" and "PC1 and server accounting", are PC1 and server accounting also within the same VLAN, and is that shared VLAN defined/known on all the transit switches?

Oh I didn't know that the vlans had to be created on ALL switches including those not directly connected to the end devices. I created the vlans on ALL switches just now and I can ping from PC1 to server accounting. Thanks a lot!

Once upon a time I didn't know that either, now we both do.  ; )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card