Views
Helpful
Replies

Voip non cisco QOS

fotismark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people of the networks!

I have a very very basic question! Although might be st... but w/e.

I have 5 switches 3550 and some linksys mixed up each switch represent a floor.

On all of these switches there are only Voip Phones, NO DATA! And a link to the main Call Center Switch.

For practical reasons, i want to eanble and configure QOS.

Do I need ACLs, Class Maps, Policing, Queing and all the good stuff...or would only auto QOS will work?

The reason is that in the future, they might plug PC/Phone and separate Vlans, and have some NAS on network for Voice recordings etc.

So....What do you think?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

on the 3550 switches,  auto qos voip (interface configuration command) should be sufficient. Which Linksys models do you have ?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

on the 3550 switches,  auto qos voip (interface configuration command) should be sufficient. Which Linksys models do you have ?

some linksys swr 24p (if i remember correctly) its Web Based only switches, those have some phones also. From what I ve seen it needs configuring, I should do them L2 COS class 5 since there is no Layer 3 inside their network...

but for the future shouldn't I be looking for QoS on Voip Vlan based and go through Classification and Marking, Policing, Congestion management SRR etc etc? or since I m not getting out of the network I don't have to even bother with all this config?

Hello,

if you just have voice traffic, autoqos should be sufficient. If you have other traffic, you are right, you need a more granular approach, and some manual QoS settings

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card