cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to request missing Visio stencils?

gary.t.giesen
Level 1
Level 1

There are several Visio stencils that are missing from the library that I need. They're important to me (and I imagine others want them too) as I need to do rack elevation diagrams. I hate to open a TAC case on them but not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

The stencils I require are:

ASA5510 (Rear view - the side with the interfaces)

ME-C6524GT-8S (Rear view - the side with the power supplies) - 24 Ethernet - 10/100/1000 interfaces + 8 Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks, 1 fan tray

PWR-400W-AC - 400W AC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

PWR-400W-DC - 400W DC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

ME-C3750-24TE-M (Rear View - the side with the power supplies) - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro

PWR-ME3750-AC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

PWR-ME3750-DC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

Cheers

210 Replies 210

Brett,

Making a last ditch efford to see if you were able to get anywhere with this (or provide any kind of direction of what kind of "justification" you'd like us to me to provide). I'm at the point where I think I should probably just put on my **** hat, take my ball and go home =)  but figured I'd just check with you first to see if there was any hope of getting these.

Again thanks for all the fantastic work you're doing.

Cheers,

GTG

Hi Gary,

I've been away from this forum over the holiday so this is my first chance to respond.  I have good news so you can take off your **** hat and feel the cool breeze in your hair .  We were authorized to add more views to the 6500 stencil just before Cisco closed down for the holidays and we completed them several days ago.  I cannot post it to cisco.com until first week of January so I placed it in my personal documents on this site for you and anyone who needs it in the interim:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-28998

I hope this includes all that you were hoping for.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Brett,

I apologize for the delay in responding, but Ive been busy over the last couple months installing equipment instead of diagramming it =)  That's fantastic news, and I've cracked it open and it will do nicely. I know I've said it before, but I really do appreciate all the hardware you're doing to make this happen. I definitely feeling the breeze in my hair now!

Just as an FYI, it looks like the stencils haven't been posted to the official location yet (it still says Aug 2012), so you may just want to check that out in case it got forgotten about because of the holidays.

Cheers,

GTG

Hi Gary,

I don't know why that update wasn't posted... I will investigate.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Hi Brett,

I noticed that the C9500-48Y4C is missing from the Catalyst 9000 stencil document. Any ideas when this will be added to the stencil package?

Thanks

Sam

Hello Brett,

First of all, thank you for supporting us in the forums, it makes our lives just a little bit easier.  Secondly, any update on 6500 VS-SUP2T-10G supervisor modules or 68xx and 69xx line cards?

Take care,

Christo Michaelides

CCNP

Hi Christo,

I appreciate the kind words but I wish I could be even more responsive and helpful. The request activity for Visio stencils in these forums has been growing and I'm doing my best to keep up with it while my team does the actual produciton work.  It often takes several tries to connect with the correct person in the respective product groups.

I've corresponded with a new contact in the 6500 group and he will contact me next week to get the process in motion. He asked if we could deliver by end of July and we can certainly do that if they give us the go ahead by end of June.  Hopefully that will be the case.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Does anyone have an update on the Cisco 1921 Visio stencil. I see its still not avail.

Hi Brian,

We had a pending project to produce the 1921 shapes but the product group did not fund it.  I will resubmit the request for approval.  We cannot do any of this work without it.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Hi Brett,

From the look of the other posts should probably get this one kicked off, any chance of  the new 3850 switch stencils comming up, especially WS-C3850-24T-L, and WS-C3850-48T-L, we are going to start rolling them out in place of the 3750Xs

Also could do with The compact catalysts 2960-C and 3560-C Just put a few 2960CG-8TL-L in in our data centre the others are:

3560C-8PC-S

3560C-12PC-S

3560CG-8TC-S

3560CG-8PC-S

3560CPD-8PT-S

2960C-8TC-L

2960C-8TC-S

2960CPD-8TT-L

2960C-8PC-L

2960CPD-8PT-L

2960C-12PC-L

Thanks in advance

@PivotalPete "The only stupid question is the one you don't Ask." - A uni lecturer I had once Check Out our offerings at: http://www.pivotalnetworks.co.uk

Just had another thought,

The ASA stencil doesnt have the smaller X models, they have a better look than the base models so a 5512-X, 5515-X, 5525-X, 5545-X and 5555-X would be useful

specifically the 12 and 25 which we are deploying regularly.

The NM-Blank is used on all the ISR G1s and the ISRG2s have an adapter for NMs so they may still be used there, Could do with an HWIC-Blank too

@PivotalPete "The only stupid question is the one you don't Ask." - A uni lecturer I had once Check Out our offerings at: http://www.pivotalnetworks.co.uk

Hi Peter,

I have not been able to get the ASA group to step up to repeated requests from the field.  I will forward to them your post and aonther I received by email.  Hopefully I can get this going.  I apologize for the continued frustration of the many requestors for these icons but my team cannot proceed without product group approval.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Hi Peter,

The 2960-C and 3560-C products you listed are posted on the download site under Catalyst 2960 and 3560.

As for the 3850, we just received approval to create those icons but we do not yet have photographs to draw from. Once we get those it will take about 2 weeks for us to post the stencil files. I can't say when we'll get the photos so I cannot commit to a date unfortunately.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

All

1) Does anyone know of any Cisco ISE logical stencils, ie not the physical appliance?

2) Does anyone know why some of the stencils, an example being the Nexus 2248TP, has an invisible border?  Or more specifically how to get rid of this border? ...Its hard to explain this, but, when I paste a 2248T stencil into Word the diagram has a large extra area where there is no visible or selectable item in it.  This is very annoying as it reduces the viewable size just to get this large blank area within the page.

thanks in advance

Nick

Nick,

Same problem with the white/clear space around the stencil.  It definitely annoying, and I'd love to see a fix for it soon. 

--John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: