cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to request missing Visio stencils?

gary.t.giesen
Level 1
Level 1

There are several Visio stencils that are missing from the library that I need. They're important to me (and I imagine others want them too) as I need to do rack elevation diagrams. I hate to open a TAC case on them but not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

The stencils I require are:

ASA5510 (Rear view - the side with the interfaces)

ME-C6524GT-8S (Rear view - the side with the power supplies) - 24 Ethernet - 10/100/1000 interfaces + 8 Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks, 1 fan tray

PWR-400W-AC - 400W AC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

PWR-400W-DC - 400W DC power supply for the Cisco ME 6524

ME-C3750-24TE-M (Rear View - the side with the power supplies) - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro

PWR-ME3750-AC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

PWR-ME3750-DC - Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Switch Primary AC power supply

Cheers

210 Replies 210

Hi Philip,

We are actually just about done with a set of additional Wireless Visio shapes.  This includes the 1040, 1260, 1140, and WLC 5508.  We did not have the 1130 on our list but we can add that as well.  These will be available shortly.

I will approach the product groups about the 3560-12-PC-S and WS-X4612-SFP-E.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Visimation Inc.

Hey Brett,

Just wanted to say thanks for your great participation here! I'm just

curious if there is an actual "formal" method for requesting new

Visio stencils or are you OK with just posting up our requests here?

Cheers! And thanks again.

Rob

Hi Rob,

You are quite welcome... it's my pleasure to answer these questions and I'm pleased it's helpful.

There is a formal process for internal Cisco groups to request Visio stencil for their products.  However, there is no formal process for customers other than this forum.  When requests have been posted here, I've been passing them on to the product managers for approval since they must fund the Visio development.  Then, we have a prucurement process that kicks in.

Please understand that sometimes this takes a while to get from a forum request to a Visio stencil due to the approvals and the ordering process that we must comply with.

Since this seems to be a good place for this discussion, I will do my best to post an announcement here when a stencil has been added or updated on the Visio stencil library page:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/prod_cat_visios.html

Regards,

Brett

Hi Brett,

This is great news! Thanks again for this outstanding support

Cheers!

Rob

Hello,

I am searching about WS-C3560E-24TD-S stencil. Does anyone have it ? I know that these switches are end of life but i need the stencil.

Thank you

Regards

Hi,

Unfortunately that shape was never produced and the product group will not fund new shapes for end of life products. I wish I could be more helpful.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Brett,

Is it possible to get front and rear of the 881 and 887? You already have the 4G versions of the 881 and it shouldn't be too hard to get the regular 881.

Thanks!

Hi Gary,

The 881 is in the current ISR 800 Visio file. The 887 is end of life so the product group won't fund a shape for that product. Sorry...

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Development

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Brett,

Any chance we can get Visio's for the ISR 4000 Series Routers?  Specifically the 4331.  Also need the NIM modules for this model: NIM-4FXO, NIM-2FXO, NIM-4FXS, NIM-2FXS, SM-X-NIM-ADPTR, NIM-2MFT-T1/E1, and NIM-4MFT-T1/E1.

Finally, looking for the VG310.

Thank you in advance,

Corey.

Hi Corey,

There is a pending project in the pipeline for all of the items you listed except the VG310 which is from another product group. I expect the ISR 4000 updates to be available within about 3 weeks. We are waiting for final budget approval before proceeding. I've also just emailed the group responsible for the VG310 to ask if they can support Visio production for their products. I can't predict how long that might take.

Regards,

Brett Newman
Cisco Visio Development
Visimation Inc.
www.shapesource.com

Brett,

I was just out on the download site and do not see these yet.  I was just wondering if they got held up or why they would not be on the site yet.

Thank you in advance,

Corey W.

Hi Corey,

Yes, they did get held up... still waiting for funding approval.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Brett,

Is there anyway that you can get a visio stencil made for the Cisco Nexus 93120TX switch (N9K-C93120TX). It is currently not in the Switches-Cisco Nexus 9000 group.

Thank You in advance,

Jared

Hi Jared,

I've put in a request for this to the product group. Hopefully it will be approved for funding.

Regards,

Brett Newman

Cisco Visio Production

Visimation Inc.

www.shapesource.com

Hi Brett, I wanted to ask if there is any way to get an update to the IP phones Visio to include 3900, 8800, 8900, and 9900 series phones? I would love to be able to use them on customer documentation.

Thanks in advance,

Nicholas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: