cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS-57C3 Factory Reset

mttciscoadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I was in the process of setting up tacacs+ on my router, and managed to get myself locked out of it.  I unplugged it from the internet, and tried to console in with the local admin password, but that is not working as well.  I now need to factory reset the router so that I can get back into it.  Is there a way for me to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mttciscoadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Balaji,

I saw those same instructions on line.  However I did not use them.  I did manage to get the router to factory reset.  During the boot process there was an option for Grub Boot.  I pressed the F2 Button and then selected Boot System OS.  I left the room, but when I came back, the router was factory reset.  Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as i remember the module have reset button to reset 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Balaji,

there is a reset button on the front of the RP card, but it only resets the machine to boot up the configuration that is currently on the router.  I want to factory reset the machine so that it does not have a configuration on it, and it boots up like its the first time being turned on.

mttciscoadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Balaji,

I saw those same instructions on line.  However I did not use them.  I did manage to get the router to factory reset.  During the boot process there was an option for Grub Boot.  I pressed the F2 Button and then selected Boot System OS.  I left the room, but when I came back, the router was factory reset.  Thank you for your help.